Official GIGABYTE Forum

Switching on modem turns pc on

newboy

Switching on modem turns pc on
« on: April 02, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »
Hi i need help please have just replaced  a GA P67-D3-B3 motherboard.
New board is a GA H77-D3H everything works fine except for one thing.
When computer is turned of switching on the modem turns the computer on have had a look in the uefi but cannot find any settings to alter this.
With the old board there was a setting for (wake on lan) but cannot find this in the uefi of the new board.
Thanks in advance for any help

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Switching on modem turns pc on
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:32:56 pm »
Peripherals

LAN PXE Boot Option ROM
Allows you to decide whether to activate the boot ROM integrated with the onboard LAN chip. (Default:
Disabled)

Power Management

ErP
Determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default:
Disabled)
Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following functions will become unavailable: PME event wake
up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

newboy

Re: Switching on modem turns pc on
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:44:25 pm »
Hi just had a look in the settings for Power Management ERP was disabled have set to enabled now it is enabled the PME event/mouse/keyboard wake settings are greyed out.
There is no wake on LAN setting whether ERP is enabled or disabled.
Had a look in Peripherals there is no LAN PXE boot option.
Just had a look in the handbook for motherboard and it does show the option LAN PXE boot as being in the Peripherals section but this option does not show in settings for my board.
The handbook is generic to Z77 H77 perhaps this setting is only available on the Z77.
There is a setting in Bios Features titled PXE boot option.
Sorry to be a bother but this is my first UEFI board.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:10:49 pm by newboy »