Official GIGABYTE Forum

P35K Smartflash failure

EnZa

P35K Smartflash failure
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:56:53 pm »
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has come across this, I decided to update all my drivers today; I d/l'ed the latest versions from the support page on Gigabyte UK, I then starting installing them all one by one deferring the reboots as I went. I then updated Smart Update (1.9.5 (Beta)) which unfortunately didn't allow me to defer so I let it reboot and when the system was back up, a number of apps seemed to be trying to complete their installations and smart flash appeared to automatically start flashing I waited for it to complete and it then forced a shutdown of the laptop. Now the woe begins, on trying to start the laptop backup, the power on light illuminates, but that is the end of the boot, the screen is black and no sound of life is coming from it. I would have thought in this day and age of dual BIOS to protect from Flash bricking that this process would have been avoided, but currently this appears not to be the case.

Does anyone else have any other similar experiences or ideas on how to get out of this situation? I noticed a similar thread however he at least got to the BIOS screen unlike myself  :(

TIA

Re: P35K Smartflash failure
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 04:48:40 pm »
Did u resolve this somehow?