Official GIGABYTE Forum

Think my board isn't happy...

Think my board isn't happy...
« on: January 26, 2010, 05:46:57 pm »
Hey guys. Looks like my board isn't too happy.

Been having a lot of sound issues in terms of the on board sound disappearing, weird noises being emitted through headphones and no matter what headset or port I use - the mic is never recognized!

Yes, I've tried several drivers as well as 2 full formats n' reinstalls of Windows and simple fact is, it doesn't want to play ball.

Got better after trying a few other BIOS's  (currently trying F10) but then it came back again. Thing is, now my LAN is playing up, most of the time it recognizes my connection as 10MB and 13m away when it should be 100MB and 6m away (yes - checked my cables, even made a new 1 just in case - other PC reports fine) and other days it just says there's nothing connected.

Put my board back to stock as well since it's doing funny thing with the clocks as well. What used to be stable isn't stable any more and yes, with a bit of tweaking I can stabilize it, and works fine and passes all the stress tests again, I'm not happy having to change it all so soon (even my Anus board lasted well over a year before things potentially needed adjusting - and that was with heavy usage, benching and muiltiple GPU's etc - so more NB stress)

Fully watercooled so heat shouldn't be an issue, nor should voltages as it's never even seen 1.4v! Most are the defaults except a few where they're a bit higher and CPU where 4.2Ghz is solid at 1.275v BIOS. Although it's never been able to boot if I set the RAM to 1.66v BIOS - will only boot up to 1.64v BIOS

It also now has started doing this wierd thing, that if I alter the BIOS too much in 1 go, it powers off as per normal to reboot, then on the reboot it shorts out - mobo lights up with power but the system doesn't tick over.

Any ideas if there's anything else I can try or is it RMA time? Would be a bit crap cause board isn't even a year old yet and I've not got the money for substituting it out or buying a network and sound card :(

~Bex
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:08:06 pm by Elemental_Dragon »

Re: Think my board isn't happy...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »
BUMP!

I did post this off to Andrew but he's not got back to me.... Ideas please Gigabyte!

~Bex

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 05:40:18 pm »
*face palm*

YES - I've rolled back to F4 and tried all the way back to the latest.

YES - I've went back to Fail safe / Optimized / Known working configs

YES - by doing the above I wouldn't be overclocking

YES - I've tried all the drivers from Realtek - all result in the same problem - I've tried the drivers that I had proven to work prior to the problem

YES - I've tried the drivers again BUT it's a hardware problem NOT software - because it's showing the problem in BIOS as well

THUS why I'd posted here because I've already tried all of the above - I did it all in testing BEFORE I posted - hence why I'd discussed it in the post and by email. Also it's not my hardware this side, because my other PC's work fine and register 100MB transfer etc

~Bex
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:41:38 pm by Elemental_Dragon »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:03 am »
In this situation use the warranty and send this MB to RMA with detailed description of problems.
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,85.msg369.html#msg369

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 07:26:52 pm »
New mobo back - and this thing makes me happy :)

I can run my RAM happily at 2000Mhz, LAN works properly as does the audio :)

Only minor complaint is this board has MASSIVE v-droop compared to my old board.

Set 1.3v in BIOS and under load it drops to 1.2v! :o

~Bex

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:25 am »
Have you tried to change Load Line Calibration option in BIOS?