Official GIGABYTE Forum

My S1080 Slate PC screen shows a flickering white screen

My S1080 Slate PC screen shows a flickering white screen
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:14:29 am »
It just happened a couple of months after warranty expired... I turn the Slate PC on and it shows a white (instead of Black) screen, and then it flickers as if the OS is actually trying to run it and trying to display the POST messages, text, etc.
Any idea what can be wrong? I really do not think the touch screen itself is faulty... (actually I hope so since I guess the touch-screen can be quite expensive I guess...). Maybe a specific board out of those the Slate PC includes in it (so I can order it and replace it myself...)?
Ideas, anyone?

davidbec

Re: My S1080 Slate PC screen shows a flickering white screen
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 02:57:48 pm »
You can certainly repair it yourself if you find out the partnumber. Alternately you can send it to the factory in California for repair. I had sent mine back in 2012. It cost me $182 bucks.

Based on my experience fixing Pcs, it sounds like you have a loose cable somewhere at the least. At the most it could be the LCD/screen or the onboard video controller.

I'd recommend sending it to them. There is a new one coming out later this year, so if the cost to repair is too much you can just leave it.
Happy S1080 owner from Barbados