Official GIGABYTE Forum

PC freezing during games

PC freezing during games
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:59:28 pm »
Hi all,
I've recently built a new rig and I'm having some problems. They may be related but I was wondering if I could get your take.

I was having TDR problems with my MSI GTX 770, tried a bunch of fixes but none worked. RMA'd it and they found a fault, so I'm getting another.
Meanwhile I've just been using the integrated graphics (Intel HD 4600). I've been playing Deus Ex (the old one) and whenever some detailed graphics needed to be produced, the whole system will freeze and whatever sound is playing will loop. The restart button won't work and I need to perform a hard restart. This happens in other games too.

My question is, is this normal? I've seen people play CSGO on the integrated chip so it shouldn't be struggling on a game that is 14 years old? Could this freezing be linked to my Graphics card problems?

Intel i5 4670K
8gb Corsair vengeance
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard
MSI GTX 770 (usually)
Windows 8.1

devhen

Re: PC freezing during games
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 01:12:03 pm »
CSGO is not a 14 year old game, its less than 2 years old. That's like saying Diablo 3 is an 18 year old game because the original Diablo came out in 1996.

The freezing / sound loop problem with CSGO probably has nothing to do with your motherboard. Its happening to a lot of people on Windows 8.1. I had that issue last week and solved it by uninstalling Geforce Experience 2.0.1. I have since re-installed Geforce Experience because the problem has been fixed. If you're still having issues it might be something else.

I ran CSGO on my i7 4770k's HD 4600 and I got 8 fps at high settings. You're going to have to turn down the graphics settings significantly, maybe even the resolution, to be able to play CSGO on your integrated video card.