Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87X-D3H USB + Webcam c930e problems

Z87X-D3H USB + Webcam c930e problems
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »
I have been using a Z87X-D3H motherboard for some months and I had many problems with the USB ports. The main problem was the all devices connected to USB 3.0 ports would momentarily disconnect/freeze. I solved this problem using only the USB 2.0 ports (2 in the back, 2 in the front).

Recently I bought a Logitech c930e webcam, which is the one of the best webcams you can get, however when I try to record videos using the camera, the image keeps blinking (random color bars appear really quickly). I tried to use the camera in my old laptop and it worked without any problems. I also tried many different configurations, software, I even installed Windows 7 (because I'm running Windows 8.1), and the problem persists, the image will blink.

My conclusion is that this can only be a motherboard USB issue, and I would like to receive some help/input from Gigabyte.

Here you can see a Google Hangout where I demonstrated the problem... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky3L1O4FIAw

Re: Z87X-D3H USB + Webcam c930e problems
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:13:20 pm »
Have you tried with some lLinux live-DVD?

I really don't have a clue what the problem is, but somehow frame syncing comes to mind.
It could be different syncs for the display and the video image?
Maybe at some special point, like write onto disk?