Official GIGABYTE Forum

770 Not displaying

770 Not displaying
« on: June 22, 2014, 08:43:38 pm »
Just got done playing a game of Dota 2 and I go to swap my monitor with my projector HDMI cables like I always do, except this time I have no display. Now I boot my computer and there is no display. I figured it was my bios so I reset it via Cmos battery as well as jumper and in the bios itself. No change. I have a gigibyte 770 and my mobo is a gigbyte 970a-udf3rev3.0. I can boot my computer with a different card but no luck with my 770. I always swap out HDMI cables while my PC is on, never had an issue. I did some research and from my understanding unplugging data cables while pc is running should not cause any kind of hardware damage, which leads me to think this is a driver problem. But can a corrupt driver prevent a graphics card from even posting or seeing bios? Please help.

With the non-functioning card plugged in ( seated properly and pcie power plugged in ) I can boot to my desktop, I hear my log-in tone go off but I still have no image. Fans are spinning fine, My card just doesnt want to send a signal out tho it must be rendering my desktop on it for me to post. I have no onboard graphics so I assume my pc would have no way of rendering my OS with no card in and thus wouldn't post..... Could my ports be bad now? Are my Dvi and Hdmi ports both somehow tied to 1 thing that could break/malfunction making so neither port itself works? Either the card cannot send a signal, the ports themselves are not functioning, or my bios is somehow causing this from the pc loosing signal and crashing originally..... I have tried rolling back my pc and uninstalling drivers, I have tried boot from repair disc. Its also good to mention I have 2 different OS on 2 separate hard drives and my bios always prompts me to select a drive to boot from so its not like a format would really help if my card cant even display Bios.

Re: 770 Not displaying
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 04:49:26 am »
The motherboard BIOS version can make a big difference.
BIOS version 2.8 lists "Improved PCI-E display card compatibility."
I would suggest installing the latest version (2.C) from this page:
http://au.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-G45.html#/?div=BIOS
Do this without the card installed, then install the card and change the monitor connection to the card to try again.