Official GIGABYTE Forum

Come and see overclockers' fight during GO OC 2010

K404

Re: Come and see overclockers' fight during GO OC 2010
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:51 pm »
All the cold on earth wont make up for a BCLK wall. With unlocked CPUs... its not something that will be repeated this year ;)

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:08 pm »

yup hopefully there will be a level playing ground this year
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 09:07:47 am »

Got the prices on Piotres 's products wrong:

They are

70mm solid cost 150 eur +shipping

60mm solid cost 130 eur + shipping

I think I will buy the 70mm pot also

gilgamesh

RawZ

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 02:02:49 pm »
Wahoo. Tomorrow is the big day finally! I'll be representing Overclockers Tech. Should be a good laugh! GL to all :D

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 04:14:21 pm »
Wahoo. Tomorrow is the big day finally! I'll be representing Overclockers Tech. Should be a good laugh! GL to all :D

YUP Rawz is the other half of my team (TEAM OCT)- a good man to have onboard. i SUGGEST After the contest ,we all bog-off to the pub and throw-pies at Nigel and Andrew! :D:D Sounds like a plan? Well it would be if I didnt eat them, I am a Yorkshire tyke after all......

Badbonji

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 11:38:16 pm »
Good luck to everyone taking part, will see you all tomorrow! :D
Core i7 965 @ 4.35Ghz 1.37Vcore
6Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3 @ 1740Mhz 8-8-8-20 1T
HIS HD5970 @ 800/1100
Gigabyte Extreme X58
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
256GB M4 + 150GB Raptor
EK Supreme HF/GTX480/MCP655/EK Res :D

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
GOOC UK Championship the Aftermath:
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 09:18:02 pm »
GOOC The aftermath:

In the first instance it was a real pleasure in meeting many people for Gigabyte, Corsair and others (who was the blighter that farted in the taxi?)
It was a pleasure in meenting badbonj and elemental (Bex) I think she showed real team-spirit by coming all the way down from Scotland, well done lass.

The battle was hard and furious, and yet there was an air of friendship, mutual cooperation and respect! With many people helping even their competitiors. This is real team spirit.

However from Third place there was YOYOTECH (he was ON LN2)
In Second place was my team (Myself and Rawz) using dry ice!
First place goes to Benchtec with a volt-modded board and LN2.

Note my team did have benchtech sweating for a short while( a feet considering the LN2 used) We did however beat five other teams that were on LN2 (whilst we were on DICE) and it goes to show that sheer cold doenst always get you there!

Benchtehc had a well-deserved win and congratgualtions to the lads on a good win! Lads we did have you worried for a while there and we will meet up next year, your a good set of lads!

I think Bex should have won the prize for the most interesting cooling solution!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:18:49 pm by gilgamesh »

r1ch

• BenchTec UK
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 01:52:00 am »
Just like to say a massive congrats to our BenchTec lads, all the sponsors who made the event happen, and the other competitors for being good sports.

As for jabski and bustah - well done guys, you've done us proud.

40 out of a maximum 40 points - love it. :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:52:31 am by r1ch »

bustah

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 11:36:04 am »
Thanks to all involved especially the Gigabyte crew...Nigel,Ian,Andrews, Aaron,Jackson and all the other Gigabyte people they were all fantastic hosts and made everyone feel welcomed and comfortable.
The atmosphere at the event was second to none in my experience. every single competitor put on a great show of effort and enthusiasm!
Well done to everyone who competed.

Special thanks to Hi-cookie for coming over from Taiwan to help host the event, it was a pleasure to meet the legend in person.

now im off to tweak my uber Corsair ram kit, thnx to Neil and Corsair! ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:08:44 am by runn3R »

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2010, 01:19:43 pm »
You're such a lucky bum! I wish I could have kept the kit I used. That was some pretty epic stuff!

Cheers Gilgamesh! Suprised no one has posted pics of it yet! ROFL So many people taking photos of it. I think they were as interested as much as they were with people pouring and drinking LN2!

~Bex

RawZ

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »
Just want to say well done to Bench Tec, well deserved and made up for last year ay? ;)

I want to say thank you to Gigabyte, Nigel, Aaron & the crew for hosting an absolute cracking event! Can't wait till next year! Thank you to all the sponsors.. Corsair, that was some beasty RAM!! Wheres mine?! lol..

Well done to all the teams there. It was great to meet you all and put names to faces!

I'm happy with 2nd!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:27:43 pm by RawZ »

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2010, 03:09:34 pm »
Just want to say well done to Bench Tec, well deserved and made up for last year ay? ;)

I want to say thank you to Gigabyte, Nigel, Aaron & the crew for hosting an absolute cracking event! Can't wait till next year! Thank you to all the sponsors.. Corsair, that was some beasty RAM!! Wheres mine?! lol..

Well done to all the teams there. It was great to meet you all and put names to faces!

I'm happy with 2nd!

Yep I echo Rawz comments, Rawz and I do not mind coming in 2nd place to benchtec, knowing that a long established crew won and deservedly so! Was great meeting you Bustah and Jabski! See you next year lads!  Lastly thasnAlso  I wish to thank Bex for coming down from Scotland, Badbonj for being a nice guy, Neil from Corsair (i think it was him whom farted in the taxi)Barry, Nigel, both andrews and Ian Laird. We had great fun the night previous to theOC contest and on theday.

As Rawz said we are happy coming 2nd place to a long established crew; well dont to you lads at benchtec was a real honour in meeting you.

Lastly cheers to my team-mate Raws, we make a brilliant team and considering THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME BOTH of us have ever gone sub-zero and I have had only a couple of weeks to get to grips with that board.

gilgamesh

AquatuningUK

• To Cool..
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 09:11:06 am »
Great comp - thanks guys!

Anyone got the list of places from 4th to 10th though would have been nice to know where we came.
Europes largest watercooling & modding supplier

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 05:33:24 pm »

i forget i took photos of the scores at half time, the top 3 stayed consistent all the way. I think Enta came LAST though

gilgamesh

Badbonji

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 02:10:39 am »
Yep I echo Rawz comments, Rawz and I do not mind coming in 2nd place to benchtec, knowing that a long established crew won and deservedly so! Was great meeting you Bustah and Jabski! See you next year lads!  Lastly thasnAlso  I wish to thank Bex for coming down from Scotland, Badbonj for being a nice guy, Neil from Corsair (i think it was him whom farted in the taxi)Barry, Nigel, both andrews and Ian Laird. We had great fun the night previous to theOC contest and on theday.

As Rawz said we are happy coming 2nd place to a long established crew; well dont to you lads at benchtec was a real honour in meeting you.

Lastly cheers to my team-mate Raws, we make a brilliant team and considering THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME BOTH of us have ever gone sub-zero and I have had only a couple of weeks to get to grips with that board.

gilgamesh

It was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else there, coming 2nd with dice is very impressive! Hopefully over summer I will be able to obtain some LN2, possibly from the university and a pot to try some extreme cooling.

I want to thank Gigabyte, especially Andrew for inviting me to the event, the kit used was very impressive... I really want the 980x now!
Core i7 965 @ 4.35Ghz 1.37Vcore
6Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3 @ 1740Mhz 8-8-8-20 1T
HIS HD5970 @ 800/1100
Gigabyte Extreme X58
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
256GB M4 + 150GB Raptor
EK Supreme HF/GTX480/MCP655/EK Res :D