Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 770 fan problem

H3X

GTX 770 fan problem
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:55:00 am »
I recently bought and installed the GTX770 4GB OC card for my system. It's currently around three weeks old, and the other day I noticed a noise coming from the case, like a rattling or scratching sound. Process of elimination led me to the conclusion that it's coming from the bearing of one of the fans on the windforce cooler, the rear most one as far as I can tell. It's 100% reproducable using Afterburner to increase the fan rpm but happens while gaming also.

Is it possible to get a replacement fan or would I have to rma the card to have it serviced/replaced?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GTX 770 fan problem
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:24:01 am »
Hi there,

because the card is new, it is best to have it replaced under warranty.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

H3X

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:28:22 pm »
Thanks absic, I'll contact the store later on and see if they can arrange an rma for it, hopefully should be back up and running again soon :)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:26:59 pm »
When you get it back up and running I would be interested to know what you think of the card as it is the one I am planning on getting in the next couple of weeks.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.