Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Gaming - GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 mobo - Windows 7 - No audio device, no sound

Put this together with an i5 today. All working fine but no sound. No audio device it is saying. Clear that windows audio is not running and Creative has a dependency on it. Have checked through the services. All seem to be working - just not Windows audio. Any ideas? tx

autotech

Not sure what video card you are using if one at all I would go into control panel and then sounds and make sure default is your Audigy.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

Not using any sound card. Thought onboard sound wud be good on this board. It's saying "no supported sound device"...onboard sound enabled in bios. Showing realtek sometimes in driver list, other times all vanish. All I can think to do is clean install of windows. Its odd for a mono to not to even recognize IR's onboard sound. Windows audio service cannot start coz no sound device.

autotech

I take it you have installed the drivers. When you changed motherboard did you do a fresh install of windows then?
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

Yes. Fresh windows 7 install off retail disc. Installed drivers off provided disc. Pc working fine otherwise. All realtek devices show, then it says no windows sound service, then they all vanish after i click provided dialogue prompt to restart sound service. Then it says no supported sound devices installed.

I put together a Z97X Gaming 7 build yesterday and had the exact same issue as you! No Windows Audio Device.

The issue is resolved now. In the end I un-installed the 'Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3' software and then the 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' software via control panel.

Windows sound then started working for me at that point.

I then downloaded the latest software using Gigabyte APP CENTRE and installed the 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' and then 'Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3' software in that order (the X-Fi software has a dependency on Realtek software being installed first).

Same issue here with my new z97X-Gaming 7 built today.

No sound and all sorts of wierd issues trying to resolve it through sound properties.

I uninstalled the realtek driver and the XFI software as  "mtheonethat" suggested above and immediately got sound.

I could not see where to download the latest version of both those files in the app centre though, so I got the realtek driver from

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4959&dl=1&RWD=0#driver

installed it

then installed the XFI software off the CD that came with the mobo.

Now it's all good.

Spent over an hour trying to figure this out before seeing the above post - thanks a lot for posting the info.

As suggested above it is important to do it in that order, and the download page linked above does state that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:24:15 am by alistairgd »

rayvon

I noticed that the drivers from the initial install worked before I used the Cd, I just rolled back to the original drivers windows put on and then installed XFI  from the disk after the roll back.
GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming 3 Intel LGA1150 Z97 - i7 4790 - Noctua NH-U 9B SE2 - HyperX Genesis 16 GB DDR3 1866 MHz - Crucial CT240M500SSD1 240GB M500 SATA 6Gb/s - Corsair Professional Series AX 760 Watt ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Unit - Gigabyte GTX780ti

I had a similar issue but couldn't get the real tek to show up on the device playback panel. I tried clean wioe of all the audio drivers and installing real tek then creative. No such luck. As a final stab I did a BIOS update to F4 rebooted and there was real tek. But still no creative software. Still to this day I do not have the creative software being recognized on the the playback device selection.