Official GIGABYTE Forum

HELP! H77N-WIFI - PC wont boot, just hangs after boot screen...

Hi,

I have the H77N-WIFI Board, built my new machine back in January this year and up until now have had absolutely no issues with it. Yesterday when I switched it on last night and it did not boot into Windows 8.1, instead showing me a recovery screen with he message "Boot Configuration Data file missing required information" After this the computer was totally unresponsive, couldn't ctrl alt del so did a reset. Tried inserting the windows 8 disk but system will not boot from the disk, and hitting F12 doesn't let me into the bios menu. After several attempts at resetting the system stopped showing the windows recovery screen. It would get as far as showing the gigabyte boot menu and then hang, after a while the screen goes blank and it stays like this. Sound like the board has an issue, given that it wont even let me into the bios or boot from the original windows disk. any ideas???
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:13:27 am by deeman79 »

autotech

Re: HELP! H77N-WIFI - PC wont boot, just hangs after boot screen...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:54:26 pm »
Disconnect PSU reset cmos then take battery out and leave it out for a couple of hours then install battery and connect power cord back to the psu and try and see if that helps.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

Re: HELP! H77N-WIFI - PC wont boot, just hangs after boot screen...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »
Hi

The issue is now fixed! Turns out the main bios was corrupted, but for some reason it wasn't initially being detected and I wasn't able to force it to copy from the  backup. After one of my attempts last night it eventually came up with a message telling me the BIOS was corrupted and did the copy from the backup bios. All seems to be working, but a bit worried about the bios getting corrupted. I haven't updated the firmware, and haven't been into the BIOS setting for a long time, so no idea how this could have happened.    ???