Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper M3 no sound

G1 Sniper M3 no sound
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:08:55 pm »
Hi,

i purchased this MB about a year ago and i already had a few sound problems. Sometimes the sound went crazy, making weird noises, setting the volume to 100%. I couldn't lower the volume in Windows. The volume was set at about 30% but was playing like it was 100%. Rebooting always solved this issue. Today i had this issue when i was working in Sony Vegas. The sound went crazy so i decided to reboot so i can resume my work. After rebooting i noticed that there is no sound coming from speakers or headphones. Tried rebooting a couple times still nothing. When i play sound i can see it moving (green bar in Windows) but no sound is coming from speakers. Same with the headphones. Microphone isn't working either. I already reinstalled the driver. I even tried to boot into Xubuntu but it's the same. No sound at all. I'm starting to think that my onboard sound card (Sound Blaster Recon 3Di) is dead. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

krikavka

autotech

Re: G1 Sniper M3 no sound
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 03:35:10 am »
Best I can suggest is do a fresh install of windows and see if that fixes it. Or you can check and see if you had any windows updates that dealt with sound and uninstall them. Or you can uninstall drivers for sound and download and install driversweeper and clean the rest out then fresh install them.

I have recently as of 4 months ago had a windows update that took out my sound card. Took forever to find which one and even after uninstall it wouldn't work I had to fresh install windows then look out for that update and hide it. I have since then bought a new motherboard so don't need card anymore. 

If all else fails email gigabyte support and fill them in and see what they say.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA