Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z97X-UD5H rev1.0 vs rev1.1 differences?

Manxminx

GA-Z97X-UD5H rev1.0 vs rev1.1 differences?
« on: August 11, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »
I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the revision 1 and 1.1 versions of this motherboard. I've tried comparing the specs of the two on the website http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4950#ov but am still mystified.

I'm interested because I'm wanting to buy this MB so am wondering if I need to make sure that the one I buy is the latest revision.

Thanks,
Ali.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z97X-UD5H rev1.0 vs rev1.1 differences?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:44 pm »
Hi there,

not sure of which changes have been made but one difference that I can see is that the LED trace path for the audio hardware zone now lights up which it doesn't on the Rev 1.0 version.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Manxminx

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:13 pm »
Oh wow, that makes all the difference. But thanks for looking. I suppose there must be some other changes, I wish they'd tell us.

I guess the Black Edition will also be in rev1.1 now. It's just a case of waiting for the rev1.0 versions to get flushed out the supply channel.

Ali.

CCraMM

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 04:08:40 pm »
it's been mentioned before but we're unlikely to ever hear exactly what GB changed in the rev1.1 MB.

they're not going to dig into how they've refined the manufacturing process and how they're making the boards cheaper to fab
(removing "extra" parts, etc).

personally i don't care which rev it is and i would never wait for the newer skus to show up.

my board is in a case so having audio LEDs light up is meh.

but if you want those pretty lights wait for it!

Manxminx

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 04:17:44 pm »
but if you want those pretty lights wait for it!

Well, I suppose it turns some people on.  ??? Myself I'd rather they sort out the audio hardware side, apparently S/N ratio etc isn't actually that brill, and nowhere near the 115dB they advertise. I'll be using the S/Pdif output anyway so as long as that is bit perfect I don't really care what audio chip or circuit they have on the board.

they're not going to dig into how they've refined the manufacturing process and how they're making the boards cheaper to fab
(removing "extra" parts, etc).

Yep, fair enough, as long as they don't cut out the bits that matter.  . . .

Ali.

CCraMM

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 06:25:59 am »
doesn't make sense they would disable bits of the board in subsequent revisions.

have never used onboard audio but i guess it's been long enough and it should be decent by now.

shame they've ignored this