Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z97X-Gaming 7 Intel RST Issues F6 BIOS

Z97X-Gaming 7 Intel RST Issues F6 BIOS
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »
Good Evening,
Recently moved from AMD to Intel ( After many years of AMD know them BIOS's pretty well!)
But now trying to get me head round OC the Intel, will get there in the end.

But i have had a few teething problems installing a few things.

Got a Plextor M2 512Gb Drive for OS. Runs fine eventually once i turned a few setting on and a few setting off in BIOS. ( 700MB/s MAX) Took a few installs of Win8.1 for quick start to work etc etc, Newbie to UEFI BIOS and quick start.

Problem is I keep getting Incompatable RAID on RST Software.(Got 2 x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in RAID 0)  Win 8.1 sees it fine, runs at 1040MB/s sweet as a nut for my Steam and Origin game drive.
If i go to the BIOS (Not do anything in the BIOS just look) and reboot to the win8.1 Intel RST software Sees the RAID as fine, nice big green tick. If i reboot or power down. Boot to Win 8.1 get a yellow triangle with ! saying incompatable drive. Really strange.

Read on Gigiabyte site that RST needs a bit of un used space on OS drive for RST to work correctly, so i shrank both volumes and left 20Mb for RST to work. Still the same.

Just like the Intel software to say my RAID is fine! Not that worried at the moment as all works!

Is it a Intel software error ( Using latest ver from Intel webiste) or a  hardware error ( gigabyte MB) or a newbie (Me!) error on BIOS setup!

Thanks for reading
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:34:08 pm by DragonRebornUK »

AndyM

Re: Z97X-Gaming 7 Intel RST Issues F6 BIOS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:06:07 am »
I am no expert and I may be wrong, but I thought Intel RST was used purely to accelerate a hard drive or RAID by using a solid state drive.  I use RST and have a mini SSD to accelerate my RAID HDs.  The Intel software works fine, without errors.

Re: Z97X-Gaming 7 Intel RST Issues F6 BIOS
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »
Well updating to the latest beta BIOS seemed to have fixed this issue for me. F7i was the one from Tweak Town

Cheers people!

Now need to learn overclocking!