Official GIGABYTE Forum

UD3 Issues (Boot Loop [resolved], RAM)

UD3 Issues (Boot Loop [resolved], RAM)
« on: November 03, 2014, 06:41:56 pm »
Hi all,

Looking for some general suggestions with the situation we are facing here with a new build built for our small business.

On Friday received a package of new parts including the X99 UD3 Mobo. The build went along smoothly with windows installed and running within a couple of hours. End of the day friday shut down as normal and left it for the weekend.

Come in today to the machine in a boot loop not making post. After much investigating (and a partial rebuild to make sure no cables was loose etc) a flashed bios seemed to help. However at a cost, only 2 sticks of ram will allow the machine to boot up, if i put all 4 in the machine loops. Now i've tested all combos with the 2 sticks with no issues the machine flys into windows however as soon as the 4 are in together then it fails.

For reference the ram is: Corsair Vengeance (CMK16GX5M4A2666C15R) (4x4GB Modules).

What i simply can't get my head around is how something could work perfectly (was doing 3d rendering on friday) to then just not play ball any longer. Im sure i spotted someone else with the same issue but couldnt re-find the post.

Is this a known issue with the bios firmware? I very much doubt its the ram as said i can run any combo of the ram and benchmark with no issues.

Best,

Rob

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: UD3 Issues (Boot Loop [resolved], RAM)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »
One thing I would look at is the CPU socket to see if you don't have a pin out of place. Have you tried 3 sticks of memory?
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.