GIGABYTE GA MA790GP UD4H motherboard. I installed
the latest chipset/audio/LAN drivers as best I can tell but
still get this message concerning my ATSC KWorld USB TV
stick ...

HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub

later, a window popped open that informed I had a device
that was not running full speed and showed a list of USB hubs,
saying I need to use the one's in BOLD (see photo). If I'm not
mistaken, it shows all USB hubs as 2.0 with USB root hub (6 ports)
and shows two groups of 6 ports each. The mobo has 10 ports
total - 4 on mobo I/O, 4 via pci brackets and two front panel

why do I get the non-HI-SPEED error?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:33:31 pm by tomana »

ca6age

Re: need help - USB speed
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 11:47:28 am »
Hi tomana,

there are a number of reasons to get such a message. First what the message means is that you have tried connect a usb2.0 device to a usb1.1 port. As I have seen from your screen shot and your mobos spec all 8 ports on your motherboard are v2.0 so you should be OK.

BUT. If you have used a connection on you case that is v1.1 that will get you to and up with using a v1.1 usb port instead of v2.0 that the internal connector is. I don't know if that is the case but to eliminate any doughs connect you device directly on the motherboard back usb port.

If you continue to get this message, check another usb 2 device, like a memory stick or something to see how the system responds. Now if all your usb2 devices triger the same message you have to go to the BIOS (check your mobos manual for info) and check that your usb controllers options are in v20 or HI-speed setting. Also experiment with the usb legacy device support setting.

Also if everything fails try the TV device on another PC to see if it works there.

thats all I can think of right now.

If you still have the problem let me know of your results and I'll try to think of another solution of you.