Gigabyte Download Centre does not work on IE11
« on: October 05, 2014, 07:27:43 am »
Running Windows 8.1 PRO X64.

Gigabyte Download Centre does not work.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:28:41 am by HairyScot »

Re: Gigabyte Download Centre does not work on IE11
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »
Hi HairyScot,

Which version of Internet Explorer 11 are you using in Windows 8.1 Pro x64? The desktop version or the metro version? I'm currently in the process of communicating with the Gigabyte email support team regarding the Download Center, if you like I can post a link of your thread in my support case if you want me to as I have already submitted a link of my thread to them, you can view my thread by clicking on the following link http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,13349.msg92912.html#msg92912 for more information.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:59:59 pm »
Hi,

I'm using the Desktop version of IE11.

However, I just checked again today and I find that I can now get into the Download Centre but cannot get any drivers to download.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:12:14 pm by HairyScot »

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:37:59 pm »
Hi HairyScot,

In that case did you check the downloads page for your motherboard to see whether there were any new updates in order to compare? By the way sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 11:28:55 pm »
Hi RocknRollTim,

I actually found that the downloads available for my MB via the Download Centre are mostly out of date.
I got much better results from this page:- http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4402#dl.
Another interesting thing is that Driver Manager consistently shows my chipset as being out of date but the updates it suggests actually predate what I have installed.

I am a very puzzled bunny.                       ::)

Regards

Hairy Scot