Official GIGABYTE Forum

Loss of contact after failed RMA

Loss of contact after failed RMA
« on: October 17, 2014, 10:51:32 pm »
I hope you guys don't mind if I copy paste this from another forum I posted it on.

My Gigabyte 7970 died out of the blue, I RMA'ed on 09/09/14. They got me everything I needed and it was shipped out on 15/09/14. After almost 2 weeks since the original RMA I got it back on 26/09/14. Dead.
At this point I give them benefit of the doubt. I mean, sure they sent me a dead card, sure it took 3 weeks, sure it's the same card that I sent off just with a BIOS flash or something, but that's how companies work. I'm serious about that, that seems to be standard practice among companies today sadly.
I contact them about an ARMA or something like that on 06/10/14. No response for a week. I send another one on 12/10/14 and I get a response asking for my original RMA#. I send it and I've gotten nothing since then. It's been 4-5 days now with nothing. I understand that sometimes something goes wrong with RMAs, but I'd at least like to know what is going on.

I've contacted services@gigabyteusa.com with no responses. After a bit of difficult searching (I only found this forum through Atom80 over at overclockers.uk) I came here. I would like to know if there is anything I could do to speed this along?

Thanks,
bubbleawsome

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Loss of contact after failed RMA
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:40:45 am »
Hi there,

sorry to see that you are having problems. Unfortunately, this site is primarily for users in the UK & Ireland and as such cannot really help with contacting Gigabyte in other parts of the world.

TweakTown Forums, that you can find here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/ is where you may find more help for Gigabyte in the USA, as this is their officially supported site for North America.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: Loss of contact after failed RMA
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 08:52:23 pm »
Sadly they have banned RMA discussion.

I've had trouble finding a single rep. I managed to find a few on overclock.net, but they might not be online often. I've also found Atom80 on oerclockers.co.uk but I am not allowed an account there for some reason. Thanks for the help though!