Official GIGABYTE Forum

Presale question about GA-Z97X-UD5H regarding overall system lag.

jtl999

Hello!

I currently own a Z97-A motherboard from another company. I'm not sure if it's frowned upon to mention other companies so bear with me.
Anyway I'm having issues related to this board with DPC Latency (mainly USBPORT.SYS) and general Mouse Lag (using Logitech G400) so I decided to junk it and get another board.

Could anyone with the GA-Z97X-UD5H  run a DPC latency test with LatencyMon for me and sort by "Highest Execution Time" and post the results to help me make my purchasing decision? thanks.

jtl

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Presale question about GA-Z97X-UD5H regarding overall system lag.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:34:03 am »
What are you doing with your system? If it's audio/visual then I have just discovered that the USB3 ports cause real issues with recording and midi and the only way to stop the audio drop outs, recording noise etc. is to use USB2 ports.

I have run Latency Monitor for 15 minutes and have attached the report below for you. Here is a screenshot:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:52:56 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

jtl999

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:07:33 am »
Thank you. For reference I use Windows 7 and an AMD R9 270X graphics card so that might skew the real world results for me. On my old system with a LGA1156 board from Intel I never had DPC or mouse lag problems, then again it did not have USB3. I however have a AMD based ThinkPad with USB3 and have noticed minor audio issues related to USB3 so I use a USB2 port instead. On my current board I have USB3 disabled in BIOS completely for troubleshooting. Could you show the drivers tab in LatencyMon sorted by "Highest execution time" for me? Thanks.

I do have a Logitech USB headset, never had DPC issues like I said with previous system or Thinkpad even while running games at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:08:34 am by jtl999 »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:04 am »
Here you are:

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

jtl999

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 07:43:45 pm »
Alright thanks, looks reasonable and miles better then my current board.

What NIC on the board are you using? I'll probably keep the Intel and disable the Killer from orbit in the BIOS  :P

What mouse do you use? If you have a previous non Z97 computer did the mouse feel less "laggy" or delayed on that computer? That seems to be my situation partially caused by extreme DPC latency.

My current build for reference:

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:42:02 am »
I only use the Intel NIC and have disabled the Killer in BIOS.

I'm using a Logitech Touch Pad most of the time and it works fine in Windows, less so in the BIOS but I reckon that is because it is wireless. My Microsoft USB connected mouse works fine in both. This is my first Z97 system so have nothing to compare against but it worked just as well in my Z77 & Z87 builds prior to this one.

jtl999

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:36 pm »
Sounds great! I would appreciate it however if any Windows 7 users could chime in with some DPC latency tests however.