Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with Gigabyte GV-N970WF3OC-4GD WINDFORCE 3X black screen.

So, here is the story, I bought my computer around 2.5 years ago, it was kind of powerfull for me to play some games. I had i5-3450 and GTX 550ti. So I decided to upgrade my videocard to GTX 970 Windforce 3x. I talked to many computer managers and all of them told me that all my components are fine to work with this videocard.

I just received this videocard yesterday and that what happened, I connected my new videocard (Gigabyte GV-N970WF3OC-4GD WINDFORCE 3X) everything seems fine, when I turn on my computer everything is working, including videocard fans, but the word WINFORCE doesn't light up (as I know it suppose to be with light), and I can not see anything on my screen. I tried to connect it through DVI-I to VGA, because my monitor has only VGA on it. I tried to connect it to my TV using HDMI but it didn't work aswell. Also I tried to connect my monitor with integrated intel HD graphics videocard and I didn't see anything aswell. When I putted out new videocard - I connected my monitor with integrated videocard and it worked (I saw bios on my screen).

I thought that it may be the power supply, but right now I do not think so, because I called to Spanish company(I am from Spain) and they told me that it should be something else, I do not know if it is power supply. Anyway, I have no idea what happened and I really need your help, because if it just videocard problem I have to change it sooner.

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
QuadCore Intel Core i5-3450, 3300 MHz (33 x 100)
RAM
16326 Мb (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
Motherboard
ASRock B75 Pro3-M  (2 PCI, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1 Gb)
Storage
ST500DM002-1BD142 460+ GB
PSU
NOX URANO II 630W
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:52:55 am by Razorfrost »