Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-970A-UD3P BIOS Overclock Problem

Nate

GA-970A-UD3P BIOS Overclock Problem
« on: December 10, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »
I have a gigabyte motherboard that should be capable of overclocking. Specifically a GA-970A-UD3P. I updated to the latest version, but I can not get it to let me adjust any of the voltages or ratios. I have an unlocked FX-8320 Black Edition. I enabled the unlocked mode in the BIOS.

What more can I do?

Re: GA-970A-UD3P BIOS Overclock Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:13:52 pm »
You should simply click the value you want to change and then click "+" or "-". You can also hit the value and enter the value manually. For example by tyiping "205" for Front side bus

Re: GA-970A-UD3P BIOS Overclock Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 09:51:35 am »
HI

i am running a 970a-d3 board with a 9 series amd chip, and the corsair vengeance 1600 ram, 4x4gb
my problem is that i am trying to get the ram to run at 1600, by default it is on 1333, and as soon as i select the profile 1 option for the ram, to make it 1600 the multiplier changes to 8 from 6.5 and the ram speed to 1600, all good, but then as soon as i reboot and go back into the bios, its a few seconds and then the machine freeze up, also after i save the changes to the ram, save and reboot, the machine does not boot up at all, have to hard reset and then either freezes when i enter the bios, or gives me a error when trying to load windows.
so not a windows issue in my opinion, but rather a hardware or config error, the board does support up to 2000mhz on the ram, but i cant get this to work.

have tries bios update
checked the ram voltages
checked the timings to be the same as per manufacture.

anyone have any ideas.