GA-z97X-SOC v 1.0 - won't boot

evil

GA-z97X-SOC v 1.0 - won't boot
« on: December 21, 2014, 08:49:52 am »
GA-z97X-SOC v 1.0
« on: Today at 08:53:59 am »
Hello
I recently both :
1. MB - GA-x97x-soc - default BIOS cfg, just few settings made at clock, and boot.
2. CPU - i7-4790k
3. DIMM - kit 16GB DDR3 2400 Kingston Hyperx HX324C11T3K2/16
4. SSD - Hyperx 3K SSG  SH103S3/120Gb
5. OS - Win Pro 8.1 64  OEM
The PS I've both it a few years ago: PS - Chieftec -CFT-650-14cs - 650W
After all HW mounted, the install starts well asks for intl, KB features and so, NEXT ... found the SSD(formatted as single partition) install from DVD, and after first install ... problems starts and I experienced two major situations:
1. sometimes, more often, I see MB logo and those OS circles of loading and immediately restart - I don't see OS logo .. or other times, after MB logo I see a BS with 0xc0000001 error code (it gives me to choose from 3 Functions keys options down, restart to UEFI, and other two.)
I search on the Internet, found something and try also:
1. that chkdsk check, made it and steel nothing
2. run sfc .. made steel nothing
3. I tried also: Bootrec /fixmbr - done; Bootrec /fixboot - done; Bootrec /scanos - THIS IS INTERESTING - didn't find any OS; Bootrec /rebuildbcd - even.
After that, I tried with an HDD(WB Black 1Tb  sata3) - acts the same.
After this I unplug all my devices(KB, mouse, HDD, front USB, front audio, all), pull out the DIMM, CLR-CMOS, CLR-bat even pull out the battery and ...

now the second major aspect, it even booting, can't access BIOS, and restarts constantly until I unplug the main power cord or hold the power button .. I have only MB with CPU power, I unplug even front panel header(PW-led, bt, rst, etc) I used on board buttons.
I tried to boot from back-up bios .. same issue.

Another aspect that I think could help:
in those few seconds that it's power up the values displayed on my debug led indicator are:
8 -15 -c4-20 - first 3 are diplayed quickly, after stays a few seconds on forth( value 20) its restarting and repeating this steps. Search theme on the user's manual and .. found only 15 value code.

Hope my English is understandable, and all the information gained to be useful for a final verdict.

Could be the MB?!

10x a lot for support.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:22:05 am by evil »

autotech

Re: GA-z97X-SOC v 1.0 - won't boot
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:46:58 am »
Check and make sure no pins are bent in CPU socket. Next take out everything but cpu, 1 stick ram. hard drive. Can you get into bios now? If so turn off all sleep states or just hit load default values then turn off sleep states.  That PSU isn't that great might see if u can borrow one from someone if you don't have a spare.

Take battery out and unplug from power while you are working on it and just before you are ready to try again put battery back in  and report back.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

evil

Re: GA-z97X-SOC v 1.0 - won't boot
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:31 pm »
Check and make sure no pins are bent in CPU socket. Next take out everything but cpu, 1 stick ram. hard drive. Can you get into bios now? If so turn off all sleep states or just hit load default values then turn off sleep states.  That PSU isn't that great might see if u can borrow one from someone if you don't have a spare.

Take battery out and unplug from power while you are working on it and just before you are ready to try again put battery back in  and report back.

Hi there
I just tried a new PSU: Corsair cx750m .. no luck
now all I have is PSU, CPU and MB - no DIMM, no SSD, nothing and acts the same.
I don't have access to BIOS.

edited: I connect MB to my old PSU -Chieftec and knserted one DIMM ... and .. I can now access the BIOS.
I started to make an USB bootable with OS. I 'll try to install from an USB stick ... someone recommended me not to use the optical drive.

c ya