Official GIGABYTE Forum

Need suggestion to buy a new motherboard (Gigabyte x99ud4)

Need suggestion to buy a new motherboard (Gigabyte x99ud4)
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:25:46 am »
I am planing to buy a new computer ( gigabyte x99 ud4 , Intel i7 4820k, Gigabyte GV-N760OC 2GB Graphics card, 32 GB ram)

But In in internet I find Gigabyte x99ud4 some bios issue old bios have some bugs . I haven't any knowledge about hardware and how update bios. And I noticed bios update is risky if i cant do it properly. I want to buy a computer back home and want do my work (3d animation) without any problem and without this type of issue. And i haven't any planing about overclocking my pc.

So I want your suggestion which mother should I buy. Even I don't know about gigabyte x99 ud4 what type of bugs or is it major issue ? I am a software user and it is difficult me to solve any hardware problem.

Or please give me a good x99 motherboard suggestion which support 64GB ram without any problem .

Regards
Chinmay Bepari

Re: Need suggestion to buy a new motherboard (Gigabyte x99ud4)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:07 pm »
I seriously doubt anybody here will recommend a Gigabyte X99 motherboard to you. The boards have booting, USB, over-clocking (have I missed any?) issues that Gigabyte has yet to fix. It's as if they don't even care either and it's not like they haven't had time to fix them. It's too bad they don't respond like Asus, EVGA, ASRock to customers problems. At least you would know they are aware of a problem and will fix it.

I'm glad to see some people like you are paying attention to the reviews and not putting money in Gigabyte's pockets. I would look at the reviews at Newegg and come to your own purchasing conclusion.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1 BIOS F7, Intel i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666 8x8, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb/1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 06:17:34 am »
Are there any gigabyte official employee here who can give me right answer? If gigabyte ensure me then It will be easy to me to buy a motherboard.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 06:50:17 pm »
I could be one of the lucky ones, but I'm not having any problems with my X99-UD4 board. I have never had boot problems of any kind like other people have had. The only problem I had since I got mine is memory. It doesn't like some brands of memory.

I could have some bad memory too. One of these days I put the G-Skill back and do a memtest on them. But for now I haven't had a BSOD for over 3 weeks. Just don't go by what I saying because like nomad said there is a lot of people having problems.

Plus this is a user to user forum too. As far as I know that all the MB companies are having problems with the X99 chip. I think they all jump the gun to quick on putting this X99 boards out.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:16:06 am »
I am planing to buy a new computer ( gigabyte x99 ud4 , Intel i7 4820k, Gigabyte GV-N760OC 2GB Graphics card, 32 GB ram)

But In in internet I find Gigabyte x99ud4 some bios issue old bios have some bugs . I haven't any knowledge about hardware and how update bios. And I noticed bios update is risky if i cant do it properly. I want to buy a computer back home and want do my work (3d animation) without any problem and without this type of issue. And i haven't any planing about overclocking my pc.

So I want your suggestion which mother should I buy. Even I don't know about gigabyte x99 ud4 what type of bugs or is it major issue ? I am a software user and it is difficult me to solve any hardware problem.

Or please give me a good x99 motherboard suggestion which support 64GB ram without any problem .

Regards
Chinmay Bepari

Not a hardware user :) ... do not try to build a X99 machine at all yourself, i.e. with UEFI. Just forget about it.

If you're ready to invest the time into becoming a hardware techie at some beginners level ... do not buy from Gigabyte. I have a UD4 ... Waste of money. Even though I spend around 250 $ on this board I plan to dump it.

Buy Asrock or ASUS X99 instead.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:18:15 am by computermensch »