Official GIGABYTE Forum

Loop Boot, no POST with Gigabyte G1 X99 and i7-5820k

Loop Boot, no POST with Gigabyte G1 X99 and i7-5820k
« on: January 14, 2015, 02:29:35 pm »
Hi,

I had a problem last night with my computer and i think it's the motherboard. Last week I had had used the computer without any problems for about 5-6 days(I made a little oc but when the problem did appear none setting were changed in the bios setup). From last night the computer is powering on for about one second and then shut down immediately. I tried everything i found online, unplug hard disks, graphic board, other sata components, all the usb devices (even the usb cables from the motherboard to the cabinet) and even the ethernet and audio cables. I also tried with a different power supply that for the records is a Corsair AX860i and of course i tried both clearing the CMOS and use the dual bios feature on the motherboard, i tried all the combinations with the ram modules. nothing change.

Anyway this morning (the pc was unplugged for the whole night) i tried to power on the pc and I booted on windows. I could use windows normally for about one minute and then the same problem as above occurs (I even run successfully a 1M superpi).

My only idea which can relate this misterous boot with the problem is that maybe a temperature sensor had been broken! The mother for the records is liquid cooled by EK-FB KIT GA X99. Do you have any ideas on how i can solve the problem? I removed the stock cooler to install the ek one so if i'm right i've lost the warranty, but there are anyway a form of assistance by gigabyte?

thank you

Fabio Ricci
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:31:01 pm by CaptainHero »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Loop Boot, no POST with Gigabyte G1 X99 and i7-5820k
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:36:59 pm »
Have you tried to reseat the memory or move it around?
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.