Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Yellow USB and Front panel USB not detecting. Power only.

See title. I cannot use the yellow ports. The ONLY thing that works on yellow ports (but not front) is a USB to AT style keyboard adapter. The front ports will charge phones and power up external hdds and cd roms but NO data or any Windows notification. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit. There are no issues in device manager. Devices are -not- seen by Bios except for the mentioned keyboard adapter.

Latest bios updated with @bios. Board is less than a few days old. Everything else works. This is at stock and oc settings.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:37:50 am by Firetripper »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
So if I understand this right you plug in the adapter and it works. But if you plug in the front panel it doesn't work right. Now on the front panel plug is it 9 wires in one little block? Or is it 9 wires you have to plug in?

If it is just one little block then you have a problem with the front panel USB. If it is the 9 wires you have to plug in then you might not have the wires not plug in right.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.