Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper Z87 - USB Ports and LAN no longer work

G1 Sniper Z87 - USB Ports and LAN no longer work
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:44:42 am »
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me diagnose a problem I am having with my PC.  I turned it on one evening to find that the mouse was not responding and, once logged in, could not load websites.

What I have tried so far:
- running anti-virus: no problems found
- re-installing USB drivers
- The device manager does not report any issues with the USB or Ethernet
I don't think it is a software/driver issue because I have two installations of windows on two separate hard drives (I upgraded from 32 to 63 bit windows 7) and I have the same issue regardless of which version I boot up with.
- Tested the mouse in another PC (it works)
- Unplugging all USB cables, staring up the PC and plugged them back in
- Unplugged the computer, held the power on button for 30 seconds, and left the PC unplugged over night

The only clue to what the problem could be the cause is that the night before there was a power cut.  I know this because the oven and microwave clocks had reset.  The PC was not on but it was plugged into the mains.  This would make me think the PSU was the issue but the USB ports are getting power (the LEDs on my flight stick light up when plugged in and the Ethernet light flash when plugged into the modem).

I am at a total loss at where else to go.  Any ideas??

Thanks

Alien

Re: G1 Sniper Z87 - USB Ports and LAN no longer work
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »
its a tough one.
Suggest you try a USB card / Ethernet card to at least get up and running.  If they work OK you know there is probably a board / connection problem.