Official GIGABYTE Forum

Are laptop warranties international or UK only?

Are laptop warranties international or UK only?
« on: February 19, 2015, 03:49:05 pm »
Hi,

I want to buy a Gigabyte P35x v3-CF3 laptop. My brother in Australia is glowing in his praise for his. However, I'm having trouble getting a straight answer about the warranty from the various dealers in the UK listed on the Gigabyte UK website.

Are warranties for this laptop international or UK only? I ask, as I'm likely to spend extended periods of time in the US and Australia over the next few years.

Asking the customer service people at box.co.uk or ccl computers etc. ends up with confusing answers like "the warranty is UK based". When I push further, they tell me to get in touch with Gigabyte. So I've asked my question on Gigabyte's eSupport, without response so far. However, Gigabyte's warranty terms online state: "Only certain product models that have been offered for Online Product Registration qualify for global warranty coverage. Please ask the store where the product was purchased if it qualifies for global warranty coverage." So I suspect that I'll be told to get in touch with the dealer and...I'll run around in circles, again and again. 

Gigabyte warranty info suggests that their laptop warranties are eligible for global warranty coverage via online product registration here (http://e-service.gigabyte.com/productregistration/) with a code on the laptop itself.

Can anyone confirm that gigabyte warranties for P35x v3 laptops bought in the UK are eligible for global warranty coverage???

(Any comments on positive experiences with certain dealers in the UK would also be very much appreciated.)

Many thanks!