Official GIGABYTE Forum

HA55M-USB3 shutdown whilst booting

HA55M-USB3 shutdown whilst booting
« on: February 22, 2015, 06:39:40 pm »
Hi there. I have been using my homebuilt system based on the Gigabyte HA55M-USB3 for five years now. Yesterday I took it apart as I sometimes do to remove dust and clean the inside. I took precautions such as using an antistatic mat, and as far as I could tell, no harm came to any of the components. However, when I put it back together again, it refused to boot properly and has done since. What happens is the computer starts as normal, but after a few seconds the power cuts. The amount of time before this happens varies, but nothing ever appears on the screen. The fans are functional, but cut along with the rest of the power. My external hard drive comes on when I switch the rocker switch at the back, and continues when the rest of the power cuts, so I know it isn't the power supply. The light on the front power switch comes on when pressed, but switches off when the power cuts. The Hard Drive indicator light for the internal hard drive does not light. Is this problem familiar to anyone? Short of replacing components, it is hard to know where to start.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:41:06 pm by suddentwigs »