Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 970 Mini ITX problems with 3x DisplayPort

GTX 970 Mini ITX problems with 3x DisplayPort
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:33:52 pm »
I have a GV-N970IXOC-4GDhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQUMGM0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 using the 3 display ports with matching adapters to VGA, to matching Dell monitors.

Every time on cold boot, 1 of the Display Ports does not work. I have to unplug and replug in the adapter, and then it works fine. Even after numerous restarts, this is strictly COLD BOOT issue.

I have tried swapping around the adapters, and the monitors only to get the same results. I have contacted NVIDIA which they made sure I had the latest drivers, which I do (version 347.88). Then reached out to Gigabyte, who made sure I had most recent BIOS, which I do (P.F11). Problem persists.

It's becoming a pain as I am having to keep my machine backwards under my desk to have access to it's backplane so I can unplug and replug in that 1 DP. It's always the same one, the one furthest from the HDMI.

The main reason I am trying to make this setup work rather than just use the DVI-I port is for surround display function. I have read in several places that surround display works best when you use 3x digital outputs so the card doesn't have to divide resources for analog/digital outputs. Truth?

Any troubleshooting ideas from any of you brilliant minds out there?
Lenovo E73 10AS
Intel Core i5 4570S
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 GV-N970IXOC-4GD