Official GIGABYTE Forum

Trying to OC not goin so good...the program wont start

Trying to OC not goin so good...the program wont start
« on: August 19, 2010, 04:35:26 am »
Ok so ive just found this program... it supports my chipset and it looks like a really good one to use too..

easytuner pro 5

but the problem is tht when i start it it appears as a little icon on the bottom right corner and then dissapears within about 4 seconds...idk why it does this..ive tried easytuner 6 and 5 and tried reinstalling it too...idk what it could be...

system specs
ntel® Core™2 duo CPU 2.40 GH NVIDIA geforce 9700 GT 6.00GB RAM Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit laptop or Ubuntu 64 bit linux system (just installed Tongue)

I kno my laptop can handle a 300 mgz OC cuz my cpu sits at about 40 C on full load using orthos...

If you can help it would be nice..

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Trying to OC not goin so good...the program wont start
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:48:32 am »
Hi Derek and welcome to the forum. I am not in the habit of overclocking my machines except as a tryout. I especially wouldn't OC a laptop with all the heat problems they can have, however if you are sure yours can handle it then I can see no reason not to.
It sounds to me like the program is initialising when you start it and then just running in the background. Have you checked to see if it is already running? Check in Task Manager/Processes and have a look to see if it is listed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:23:10 am by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Re: Trying to OC not goin so good...the program wont start
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 06:19:04 pm »
Yea im sure tht its not still running just the process...it comes up for five seconds in the tray icons i try to click it right and left...nothing happens and then it exits itself...im thinking tht it could be the HP in my laptop..lol i heard tht they desigend something to detect if someone is messing with the bios but not sure....actually now tht i think about ti theres no way cuz clockgen comes up and works...kinda it doesnt hav my PLL in it....but yea...im really not sure about what to do for this cuz ive looked thru other forums and no one else has had the problem tht im having...or at least i couldnt find it...

thanx for welcoming me :P gigabyte has some really great products lol