Official GIGABYTE Forum

Windows 10 and X99 gaming 5 problem - Can't run bios setup and can't run from CD

I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 last night, but when it restarted with new OS I can just hear the bip from motherboard and see the harddrive and wi-fi led blinking, nothing else. When I press the keys for bios setup or put a windows 8 setup dvd on drive it does nothing. (I think it's a driver problem... )

I really don't remenber if fastboot was anabled and if the UEFI drivers only option was anabled to. (Yes, I know that I had to look for these configuration first...) I wonder to some reset to default settings of the bios could resolve the problem.

I think I can use the usb stick of the upgrade service of the motherboard to load a default bios. But I'm afraid to brick my motherboard.  Someone have some clue to resolve this problem.

MB: X99 gaming 5
Ram: 2x8gb(can't remember the manufacturer right now)
Processor: Core i7(can't remember the clock)
Video Card: Nvidia GTX980 windforce

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:26:40 pm by RomaneAR »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Did you try to pull the battery and jump the cmos pins. That will reset the bios. If the computer does reboot and you can get into the bios set to default setting. Then go back and reset everything backup. What window does 8, 8.1 & 10 will put a boot manager in your bios. That is what you have to boot up on when windows starts.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Kevin

I upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 last night, but when it restarted with new OS I can just hear the bip from motherboard and see the harddrive and wi-fi led blinking, nothing else. When I press the keys for bios setup or put a windows 8 setup dvd on drive it does nothing. (I think it's a driver problem... )

I really don't remenber if fastboot was anabled and if the UEFI drivers only option was anabled to. (Yes, I know that I had to look for these configuration first...) I wonder to some reset to default settings of the bios could resolve the problem.

I think I can use the usb stick of the upgrade service of the motherboard to load a default bios. But I'm afraid to brick my motherboard.  Someone have some clue to resolve this problem.

MB: X99 gaming 5
Ram: 2x8gb(can't remember the manufacturer right now)
Processor: Core i7(can't remember the clock)
Video Card: Nvidia GTX980 windforce

Have a look at my recent post.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=16246.0