Official GIGABYTE Forum

help with drivers Z97X-UD5H

n0ka

help with drivers Z97X-UD5H
« on: March 23, 2015, 10:56:12 am »
hello i just built a new pc and it all went well, i have a copy of windows 7 from 2009 an original disc, i used this to install windows, all was fine until the updates for windows came, service pack 1 especially, i came down in the morning after leaving the pc on overnight to discover no internet connections were available, i opened device manager to see a pile of yellow triangles with exclamation marks, a lot of my hardware was uninstalled, i managed to get nearly everything installed again but both ethernet connections are still not installed and another unknown device which has to be my sm bus controller i think as i have no usb 3 from any of my 10 usb ports, i spent all day saturday trying to fix this and managed to get the intel ethernet to work and got the sm bus controller to work again using the cd that came with the mobo, but today it has happened again and i cannot get them to install, i keep getting fatal errors during driver installs and windows tells me the drivers are not on the disc even though its the disc that came with the mobo and.. i have tried the latest drivers and older ones and i cannot get these devices to install again, i have disabled windows updates permanently as they keep destrying my computer, i spent over 1000 quid on this for windows to ruin it lol

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: help with drivers Z97X-UD5H
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:50:07 pm »
It is time to bite the bullet and start over again with a new install. But this time don't do any up dates till you are sure everything is OK. Plus see if you can download just SP1 and just install that. SP1 comes with a lot of those updates.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.