Official GIGABYTE Forum

MA74GM-S2 Boot Order Changing

gmb126

MA74GM-S2 Boot Order Changing
« on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:03 pm »
Hi all - wondering if anyone else has seen this problem...

I've got a rev 4.0 MA74GM-S2 board running an AMD Sempron 140 2.7GHz CPU and 1GB of Crucial DDR2 RAM.  The Sempron is unlocked to two cores, and I've got no other add-in boards.  I'm running six HDDs (it's a file server) under Ubuntu server.  Four HDDs are SATA, two are IDE.  The IDE channel 0 master drive is set to the top of the boot order.

After a few reboots, the BIOS changes the boot order to place the IDE drive at the bottom of the pile, and tries to boot off the first SATA drive (and fails).

There's no BIOS update for this board yet, so that's not an option just yet.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: MA74GM-S2 Boot Order Changing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »
Hi,
you say you have latest bios for your mobo is that FC which was released on the 19/3/2010? If not you can download it here: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3217

If you are using this bios then I would suggest replacing the Mobo battery and clearing CMOS and re-setting BIOS to optimised defaults as this could be the cause of the problem.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.