Official GIGABYTE Forum

GV-N970G1 Ver. 1.0 Led issue

GV-N970G1 Ver. 1.0 Led issue
« on: March 29, 2015, 04:14:21 pm »
The led (Windforce) in front of the card is not working correctly.
When I start the PC the led is on but when Windows 8.1 starts loading (on the username and password screen) the blue led turns off.
I haven't changed anything.I haven't updated the Nvidia driver.The only thing I did was to update the OC Guru to Ver. 1.81 2 days ago but the led issue could have hapened before the update, I'm not sure.
Does the led issue means there is a bigger problem with the card or might be in the near future?How can I fix it?

Actually there is something more I did.I installed the other program, I think it's called @vga, something like that.I started it then I recieved a msg that the Nvidia driver shouldn't be installed.I chose "no" and then the screen went gray.It was a reflex more and I immediatly turned off my pc.Maybe that reflex move was a bad one?

Also one more thing.I need to find a detailed guide how to update my cards firmware.The OC Guru tells me I have Firmware version F2.

Thank you all in advance and please give me some good news!

xeht

Re: GV-N970G1 Ver. 1.0 Led issue
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 05:26:16 pm »
Try going into GeForce Experience and go into the LED Visualizer tool. Make sure that the LED is not set to 'off'.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »
Thank you xeht,

I don't know how the led settings changed but G-Force experience fixed it.At the end I decided to turn off the led completely!!

I would like to know more info about what firmware version I should download and how I can update the firmware.Is there any guide anywhere or maybe someone can explain me step by step how to do it?

xeht

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:32:04 pm »
Glad I could help.

Where in OC Guru does it say your BIOS Version?

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 06:45:30 pm »
At the bottom right there is a tile "ONLINE SUPPORT".Press the tile and there are 6 new options.At the option "BIOS" you can see the Firmware version.

xeht

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:08:57 pm »
http://www.gigabyte.us/WebPage/40/index.htm

I used these directions and it worked out for me. Make sure to save a backup of your BIOS using GPU-Z or the VGA@BIOS utility, just in case anything goes wrong.

I used the VGA@BIOS utility from Gigabyte and followed this guide: http://www.gigabyte.us/WebPage/40/imgaes/VGA@BIOS_ENG.pdf

Let me know if anything is confusing for you and I will do my best to explain it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:09:53 pm by xeht »

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:36 pm »
Thank you for the guide.I will give it a try tomorrow.I have one more question.How I know the corrent firmware to download?On the Gigabytes official download page there are 4 firmwares.Mine atm is F2.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5209&dl=1#bios