Official GIGABYTE Forum

Multiple issues associated with USB devices, sound drop outs and bios issues

Hi All,
first of all I cannot believe I have found this web page. It seems I am not the only one having problems with the X99 MB - mine is the GA-X99-SOC FORCE.

I recently purchased this (along with cpu and memory)

My question, given my problems below is - do I take the mb back to the vendor or wait and see if a new bios update is likely to fix our problems - I am currently on bios F6 which is the latest for this MB.

Anyway my problems are:

Playing Arma 3 and using teamspeak
Mouse freezes for about a second every 10-30 seconds

Swapping USB connections results in:
USB disconnect and reconnect sounds associated with headset
Keyboard can also stop working working every couple of seconds
Lose sound in both A3 and TS after 15 seconds or so into game - restarting both brings back sound.

Have tried:
Swapping USB connections
Installing windows updates only
Installing motherboard updates only
Installing all available updates
Using a different headset
Using a different mouse
Using a different keyboard
Reinstalled windows 3 times

Cannot get into BIOS USING DEL
F9 : SYSTEM INFO; F12 : BOOT MENU WORKS

I have discovered that disconnecting all my ntfs drives fixes the bios issue. But what do you think guys - should I take it back (with a suspected usb controller issue) or sit on it and wait to see if new SW from gigabyte sorts the situation out.

Are you using WIRELESS mouse and keyboard?

It's a known issue with USB 3 ports interfering with wireless receivers. I have a Logitech wireless trackball and keyboard and had all kinds of stuttering etc.

Logitech provided a free extension wire to move the receiver away from the USB 3 ports and it solved all my issues.

I've noticed a slow down in new BIOS updates from Gigabyte. They completely ignore the main issues with USB problems that everybody seems to be having like it doesn't even exist.

Don't hold your breath waiting. 
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1 BIOS F7, Intel i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666 8x8, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb/1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

No - everything is wierd. I am going to try a wireless mouse tonight when my wierd mouse starts to get jittery but in all honesty I have had the same problem with two razer mice now. It is very frustrating and in my 20 + years of building systems I have never known such a temperamental motherboard. This maybe the day I shift to another MB manufacturer - have always used gigabyte in the past for as far back as I can remember. Below are some notes I have made whilst trying to troubleshoot the problem - most of them seem to be known issues already reported on this forum but if anyone thinks I have a faulty board please reply:

Playing Arma 3 and using teamspeak
Mouse freezes for about a second every 10-30 seconds
Lose sound in both A3 and TS after 15 seconds or so into game - restarting both brings back sound.
USB disconnect and reconnect sounds associated with headset
Keyboard stops working evry couple of seconds

Have tried:
Swapping USB connections
Installing windows updates only
Installing motherboard updates only
Installing all available updates
Using a different headset
Using a different mouse
Using a different keyboard
Reinstalled windows 3 times

Cannot get into BIOS USING DEL (now know to remove all SATA drives)
F9 : SYSTEM INFO; F12 : BOOT MENU WORKS

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
All these boards have problems. Mine has a problem that if I put in a different video card and my USB desk light will shut off. Why I don't know. Then I tried two video cards in crossfire and the same thing happen again.

But this time I move my desk light to the front ports and it work. I use 900w PSU too. Now I can take those same cards and put them in my x79 board and have no problems. Plus that in only has 850w PSU. 
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Tried out teamspeak and arma 3 with a wireless mouse.apart from the very crappy response which is normal when using these sort of mice in game I got no freezing. Starting to wonder now if it is a thing gigabyte have with razer mice.