Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with New MA785GM-US2H mobo and ACC

Problem with New MA785GM-US2H mobo and ACC
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:18:19 am »
Hi all!

I just bought a MA785GM-US2H board with an AMD Atlhon II X3 425 (2.9GHz), and I was able to get it up and running with no fuss at all. My problems come in to play when I enable the M.I.T and the ACC so I can unlock the fourth core. Even though the system runs and boots in to windows, the system drops down to aero basic pretty much instantly and the screen starts to artificat badly. I've already tried upgrading to the latest bios and installing the latest drivers from ati, but nothing has worked. From what I read, this should work without a problem... anyone have any ideas?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Problem with New MA785GM-US2H mobo and ACC
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:34:36 am »
Hi there,

I don't think the problem is with the mobo but is actually due to the 4th core on the CPU as the problems that you are experiencing have only started since you unlocked it.

You might want to read through this thread: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,1451.0.html Although it is referring to a Phenom x2 550BE the basics still apply. The cores on the X2 and X3's are generally locked off because they do not pass AMD's Quality checks and are deemed to be faulty.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.