Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-G41M-Combo rev 2.0 issue

JohnV

GA-G41M-Combo rev 2.0 issue
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:26:21 pm »
I recently bought this motherboard and is seems to have a problem with memory compatibility,the pc use 2.5 of the 4 Gb ram installed .Any suggestions?( the system runs on Windows 7 64-bit)

Re: GA-G41M-Combo rev 2.0 issue
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:33:20 am »
I recently bought this motherboard and is seems to have a problem with memory compatibility,the pc use 2.5 of the 4 Gb ram installed .Any suggestions?( the system runs on Windows 7 64-bit)
bro this is your lucky day i have the solution just minutes ago i do answer my solution in the forum of Gigabyte :

I have the same motherboard GA-G41M-COMBO and also I had the same problem, i did buy two memory moduls ADATA AXDU1333GB2G9-3G, just i do think this kind of memory will be working fine in my motherboard because are inside of specs of Mobo.

Here's what happened i did install the two new modules of DDR3 ADATA 1333 and the motherboard just can not boot anything this just kept beeping without any possibility of go inside of BIOS, and then like there was not way to select some option like *Default Settings*, so I assumed than i should delete the BIOS settings through CLR_CMOS jumper and so I try (and even retire the battery) but it did not work and the mobo kept beeping after the clearing of settings, the which is something very strange as this motherboard should support DDR3.

But then happened something very strange here, you see how before i was using two modules of DDR2 both of 1GB and like this still work for my I do have the idea of do downgrade to another bios one older than the last than i do have flashed in the mobo and after of make this and only so finally the motherboar was capable of can boot with the new memory DDR3.

To here that was my solution, but then i do assume something will be wrong with the last bios provided by gigabyte and to confirm this i just think i was be easy prove just i will reflash again the last bios with the new DDR3 Modules working and after this the Motherboard logically would not boot and so i make it, but I had a big surprise when this time with the bios than before cant get work now it do work nicely..

Someone understand where was the problem, but all this was my sulution hope to someone this info be useful... =)

Sorry for my poor inglish, cheersss!!!!!