Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Q77m-D2H Rev. 1, contious short Beep problem every time i start pc...

hello,
yesterday i've upgrated bios of my motherboard from F1 version to F2,
since that moment, every time i start pc, i reciver a long series of short beep (28 seconds) and 3 long beep, so i press reset and the system start normaly.....load windows normaly, totaly rock solid....

i've tried to downgrande to F1 version whit no results....and reupgrated to F2
i've tried to change PSU, Ram, start only with 1 row of ram, another video card.... and integrated video card,
all whit no results.
if i start whit no ram, i recive the same beep series
if i restart windows whitout switch off the system all start regulary, if i shut down windows and i switch on again, the beep series come back again until i press reset button....after reset all is ok.
what can i do to resolve the problem ?

thanks to all

hello,
yesterday i've upgrated bios of my motherboard from F1 version to F2,
since that moment, every time i start pc, i reciver a long series of short beep (28 seconds) and 3 long beep, so i press reset and the system start normaly.....load windows normaly, totaly rock solid....

i've tried to downgrande to F1 version whit no results....and reupgrated to F2
i've tried to change PSU, Ram, start only with 1 row of ram, another video card.... and integrated video card,
all whit no results.
if i start whit no ram, i recive the same beep series
if i restart windows whitout switch off the system all start regulary, if i shut down windows and i switch on again, the beep series come back again until i press reset button....after reset all is ok.
what can i do to resolve the problem ?

thanks to all

please help!

First thing I would look at is the RAM, make sure that the RAM is fully seated.

The 2nd thing I'd try is to reset the CMOS by pulling out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes...the reinsert. Mind you you have to power down and unplug AC power chord.