Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-J1900N-D2H no display

abes

GA-J1900N-D2H no display
« on: June 02, 2015, 10:20:35 pm »
Hoping someone can help as I am really scratching my head with this one.

I am trying to get a GA-J1900N-D2H motherboard to work and am having real problems getting anything to display.

I am using a Morex 557 case bundled with a silent integrated Pico-PSU 80W internal power supply and external 60W 12V AC Adapter, a Crucial CT51264BF160B 4gb memory stick and WD Blue HDD.

When I put this all together and switch on the power the case light comes on, I can hear the hard drive spin up but I get no signals at all from either the VGA or HDMI ports not even a post. I have tested the VGA on multiple monitors and HDMI on multiple TV's, I have tested the ram in my laptop and I have tested all the pin out voltages on the PSU after shorting out the appropriate pins.

I thought the motherboard I had was DOA so I ordered another one but still get the same. I have tried to remove the ram and HDD and everything else I can, leaving just the 24 and 4 pin power cables and the power LED and Power switch jumpers but still I get nothing.

When I power everything on and plug a lan cable in I get lights on my router when I press the power switch so I am sure the motherboard has power but I cannot get any sort of display signal.

Is there anyway I can diagnose what is going wrong? The case I have does not have a speaker so I cannot get beep codes?
Does a fan need to be connected to either of the jumpers to get the board to boot?

Tiger

Re: GA-J1900N-D2H no display
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:12:45 am »
A similar motherboard, Asus J1900I-C, lists power supply minimum requirements in its downloadable manual. Recommended minimum is 350 watts. You don't seem to have anything close to the minimum power required.

1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini

abes

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »
Connected a 250w power supply which should be more than enough to power this board, also connected a fan to each fan connectors and still the same. I give up going to send both boards back. I had heard the BIOS on these boards were a bit buggy but thought I would give them the benefit of doubt, slightly regretting that decision and the wasted effort and time. Going to get an ASRock board instead.

abes

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:52 pm »
Just in case anyone else has this issue bought an ASRock Q1900-ITX. Plugged it in, all worked first time.