Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-790FXTA-UD5 Sound problem need advice

GA-790FXTA-UD5 Sound problem need advice
« on: March 26, 2010, 05:39:55 am »
Ok i have the board setup and its running great. the only problem is i have it setup to my Flat Screen TV and the audio is going threw the analog RCA using a 3.5mm to stereo RCA Y adapter. i am not able to get sound on the TV. audio is playing and i have connected headphones to the output on the motherboard and get sound threw them, also checked the inputs on the TV and they are working also. thought it was the cable so i purchased a new one and it still doesn't work. i have use the current drivers from the Gigabyte sight and the current drivers from the realtek sight.

i am running windows 7 pro
phenom 2 x4
4GB Gskill ram
evga nvidia 9800 gtx+

no device problems in device manager. not sure what else to look for  ???. i would just use the digital out but unfortunately the TV has no digital in other than HDMI and i have no HDMI out on my rig. any suggestions would be great.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-790FXTA-UD5 Sound problem need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 07:53:12 am »
Hi,

Not sure I understand correctly but if you are definitely getting audio through from the PC output, that you can hear with headphones or loudspeakers, then I suspect that the problem lies with your settings on the TV.

On my LG flat screen, if I want to hear audio from an external source (PC, IPod etc.,) I have to alter the audio settings on the TV itself as it doesn't auto detect the signal. Check your TV user manual to make sure you have it set-up correctly for audio from an external source.

Hope this helps
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA-790FXTA-UD5 Sound problem need advice
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:19:37 pm »
Ok now i feel stupid  ;D. i found out what the problem was... it was the video card. i had to change the output from HDMI (with Audio) to HDMI (w/o Audio). its all working like a champ now.