Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-970A-UD3P reboot loop among other issues

Spl1tz

GA-970A-UD3P reboot loop among other issues
« on: June 14, 2015, 04:44:29 pm »
Greetings,

I just upgraded my PC.  I bought a GA-970A-UD3P motherboard, AMD FX-6300 ( 3,5 GHz (4,1 GHz Turbo Boost), AM3+) processor and a 8GB RAM stick.  I haven't upgraded my video card yet though, it's a Nvidia GTX 460.

So i have been trying to fresh install Windows 8.1 through a bootable USB stick, which the motherboard detects and loads it. My 1st issue is at the Windows logo, once the circling dots appear the system freezes and after a few minutes it reboots into a loop.  I have tried changing the BIOS settings and every change allowed me to advance a few steps further in the installation process up to inserting the Windows serial, but ultimately freezing and rebooting.  I have changed places of my RAM stick and Video card only to have no effect.  I even switched a RAM stick from another PC and no effect.

The interesting part is, whenever i reset the CMOS battery, the BIOS asks to load the most optimized settings and boot/reboot or enter the bios. If i just enter the BIOS and select to boot through my HDD, the system allows me to fully install Windows and even get to the desktop. I still would get the BIOS question after a restart, which is annoying and I'd like to not be asked that every time i start my PC... So if i select to optimize, the system won't boot to Windows anymore, it crashes and reboot loop at the loading screen.

I have read on a forum that i should convert my disk from MBR to GPT, but that didn't help at all.
I am at a complete loss.  I have no experience with UEFI or EFI hybrid whatever.  Never had issues like this and i have upgraded loads of PC's before...

Is there anything else i could try before deciding i should swap motherboard at the store, and probably pay a few more bucks?

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language  :)
Thanks

AgentFXA

• none
Re: GA-970A-UD3P reboot loop among other issues
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:38:27 am »
question "load optimised defaults" is normal after battery removal/reset - just do it and this question won't pop up again. 

If the HDD is GPT make sure you select the win boot-manager (bios) as first boot option or it fails.

There should be no issues when you leave the bios on all auto settings (ram, cpu)  - there is generally no need to fumble with settings unless you know it will work.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:40:09 am by AgentFXA »
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 03:53:09 pm »
Greetings,

I just upgraded my PC.  I bought a GA-970A-UD3P motherboard, AMD FX-6300 ( 3,5 GHz (4,1 GHz Turbo Boost), AM3+) processor and a 8GB RAM stick.  I haven't upgraded my video card yet though, it's a Nvidia GTX 460.

So i have been trying to fresh install Windows 8.1 through a bootable USB stick, which the motherboard detects and loads it. My 1st issue is at the Windows logo, once the circling dots appear the system freezes and after a few minutes it reboots into a loop.  I have tried changing the BIOS settings and every change allowed me to advance a few steps further in the installation process up to inserting the Windows serial, but ultimately freezing and rebooting.  I have changed places of my RAM stick and Video card only to have no effect.  I even switched a RAM stick from another PC and no effect.

The interesting part is, whenever i reset the CMOS battery, the BIOS asks to load the most optimized settings and boot/reboot or enter the bios. If i just enter the BIOS and select to boot through my HDD, the system allows me to fully install Windows and even get to the desktop. I still would get the BIOS question after a restart, which is annoying and I'd like to not be asked that every time i start my PC... So if i select to optimize, the system won't boot to Windows anymore, it crashes and reboot loop at the loading screen.

I have read on a forum that i should convert my disk from MBR to GPT, but that didn't help at all.
I am at a complete loss.  I have no experience with UEFI or EFI hybrid whatever.  Never had issues like this and i have upgraded loads of PC's before...

Is there anything else i could try before deciding i should swap motherboard at the store, and probably pay a few more bucks?

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language  :)
Thanks

I am having the same issue, any resolution ???

romac

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 07:51:06 pm »
I have exactly same issue  >:(
Running on AMD FX8370, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz, 128GB SDD and fresh new Windows 7 x64.
Found lots forums and people having same problem. Is there any fix for that?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:50:48 pm by romac »

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 05:13:26 am »
I have exactly same issue  >:(
Running on AMD FX8370, 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz, 128GB SDD and fresh new Windows 7 x64.
Found lots forums and people having same problem. Is there any fix for that?

Still have the issue, i'd try everything, but still have the double boot issue.

daniel15092

• When things don't work. Tea & Biscuits.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:25:43 pm »
I've had a similar problem on an older board. I thought it was a faulty mobo, but turned out to be the power supply.