Official GIGABYTE Forum

980 Ti G1 LED and OC-Guru in conflict with other software tools

I just got the 980 Ti G1 from Gigabyte, and I'm annoyed being forced to use oc-guru software utility in order to customize the LED's color on the card. Then when I reboot, color changes back to default wich is also annoying. I don't like it so far. Is there anything I could do to make it more ''permanent''?

I'd like to express that this is annoying enough for me to reconsider going for other GPU manufacturers next time, because this is not how a 800 euros graphics card should get its support from Gigabyte. Someone somewhere perhaps could tell me a workaround and let use have the freedom to use wichever software tool we like, as we all should.

I can't be alone on this!?  :(

Re: 980 Ti G1 LED and OC-Guru in conflict with other software tools
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:03:18 am »
I feel exactly the same why doesn't the graphics card remember my settings at boot?

I have to always start Guru in order to change the LED color back to what I set before and set the GPU clock to OC.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:34:40 pm »
Same problem here, and again no offical respons from gigabyte itself great.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 04:16:28 pm »
It's not just the LED's.  IF you have fan speed issues as I do on my 960 card you have to run the OC GURU to keep them in manual otherwise they surge continuously.  I have sent several Tech support tickets in and got nothing but single line responses that were obvious attempts to make me go away. 

I told them that we need to be able to make a change like the LED colors or the fan speed settings permanent on the card BIOS so we don't have to run a separate utility that constantly uses our CPU.  They have not responded, so I have ordered a new EVGA 970 card to replace the Gigabyte card and am returning the Gigabyte.

My main point for commenting in your thread is Gigabyte will not listen to you concerning the OC GURU issues.  If you can return the card I advise you to do so.
My secondary point is that Gigabyte really needs a tech support crew that can at least act like they care.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 01:29:42 pm »
Same here.  I've given up with the OC-Guru software as MSIAfterburner is altogether a more polished bit of software.  Shame I can't get the LED colour to match my system though.

I also have the 980 Ti G1 from Gigabyte and was gullible enough to believe the Gauntlet / OC-Guru was actually worth the price premium when clearly it is marketing hype not backed up by Gigabyte.  I won't be buying Gigabyte hardware next time.