Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 - Bsod when starting SIV

hafexo

Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 - Bsod when starting SIV
« on: June 20, 2015, 10:19:47 am »
Hello!

I have problem with this motherboard - i was using SIV to control fans' speed but this day i need to delete it, beacause it cause windows 7 to crash (bsod with code x00124) everytime on launch.

I don't have problems with it but i updated something in GB App center and this thing starts happen.

I cannot even run "thermalconsole.exe" from standalone SIV installer - it cause insta-bsod.
I had other problems with it - on CHA_FAN1 and CPU_OPT i cannot set any RPM - even on 10% power it stays at full speed

Should i send it to warranty repair? I think it's something with fan voltage controller

Re: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 - Bsod when starting SIV
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:24:27 pm »
If this just happened as a result of updating the APP center then it's a software issue and not hardware related. What we need to know is, what in the app center was updated? A couple of things you can try: First try uninstalling the app center, reboot and then reinstall the latest version and then check for issue. Next would be to see if you have the latest BIOS installed.

hafexo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 06:16:48 pm »
I have newest F6 Bios.

When i unistalled APP center with every app, then downloaded and installed latest SIV version, I tried launch SIV.exe then instablue screen appears... with same failure code. I don't know which part of APP center was updated, prob SIV
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:17:49 pm by hafexo »

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 07:53:55 am »
hello my name is ilan
i had exactly the same problem with Z97X-UD3H-BK . it cost me a few hours to find it & i was not happy to find that gigabyte produces software that BSOD there own product!
it is in a box i built for myself 3 month ago & i wanted a factory tested product, so as to not have problems with it!
that was very difficult to debug because i got the BSOD just after login.
i did try to change mem & every other hardware to no avail
then i updated the BIOS to F7, still no changes.
so i stopped all superfluous services & it stopped the BSOD
it took me another hour to narrow it to the SIV
Good work gigabyte, for a top of the line product that it said on the box that has been checked at the factory for 7 days.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:57:50 am by ilantech »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 05:31:33 pm »
hello my name is ilan
i had exactly the same problem with Z97X-UD3H-BK . it cost me a few hours to find it & i was not happy to find that gigabyte produces software that BSOD there own product!  Good work gigabyte, for a top of the line product that it said on the box that has been checked at the factory for 7 days.

Greetings,
After watching the video, I believe the 7 day "burn in" done at the factory is OS agnostic.  (hardware function / stress test).  It's just not possible for every software/hardware configuration to be tested before release. 

https://youtu.be/Hq7TotBA8XY     
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:33:13 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 08:04:18 pm »
I had other problems with it - on CHA_FAN1 and CPU_OPT i cannot set any RPM - even on 10% power it stays at full speed
Hi, I believe I can help with the stuck at 100% fan problem.  I used Speedfan 4.51 configure> advanced> (IT8620E at $A30 on ISA) > PWM 2 mode > Software controlled

CPU_OPT should be PWM 1 & CHA_FAN1 should be PWM 3.  I have not found any setting in Gigabyte's SIV to affect this change, but once changed, SIV works properly with either graph or fixed mode.  Also I have all fans in the bios set to normal currently.  Without this change my CPU and CPU_OPT were stuck at 100%. 

Speedfan can also set the fan speed now.  I haven't noted all the intricacies, but the last program you apply a change in sets the fan speed.  Also there is a "temperature 1/2/3 offset" which may be able to adjust the temperature which fixed mode in SIV uses; although I have not tested it.  The graph mode should work fine tbh.

I did find it very strange having a problem in 2015 with fan speed control, its been a feature of motherboards since my  first Abit KR7A-133.

This is the post I found which gave me this solution:
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/211111-how-to-slow-down-fan-speed/#entry2865450