Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD5 doesn't post after 3 weeks powered off

GA-990FXA-UD5 doesn't post after 3 weeks powered off
« on: August 01, 2015, 11:33:33 pm »
Hello,

I have some strange problem with this motherboard. It was working perfectly, with 16GB RAM, GTX 970, FX-8350.
3 weeks ago I left my home for holidays, I arrived yesterday. As the GTX 970 was quite new, just 2 weeks old, and I was victim of burglary a couple of years ago ( I live in Chile, the 970 costs here about US$500 and more, though I bought it for less in Boston ) I did this :
* Turned off my computer, as usually.
* Took off the GPU and hid it.
* Left my computer off, but connected to the electric supply.

So, I arrived yesterday, and did the opposite :
* I plugged the GPU back in.
* Turned computer on
* Computer is dead.

It is really dead, it does nothing. It just starts cpu fan and gpu fans, but it never beeps. I also noticed that no leds are on. There was some led on the board when power was on. Also there are the leds on the ethernet interface. Nothing at all, no leds, no beeps, no nothing.
I disconnected all peripherals, even video card. Without video card the system should beep complaining. Not at all, I never hear any beep.
Right now I have only mainboard, processor and power supply, and still no beep or anything.

What could have failed and why ? I don't have spare system to take parts and starts testing. I can't buy a new motherboard, cpu or power supply just to test. I really can't understand what could have failed. I am at the point of thinking of an axe and release some of my anger with my rig...

Any ideas ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:34:07 pm by Kalki70 »

AgentFXA

• none
Re: GA-990FXA-UD5 doesn't post after 3 weeks powered off
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:14:55 am »
Usually a mobo or psu issue depending on how old that stuff is and maybe the psu is too marginal/small?
Remove battery and reset the bios then try again...

other than that see a dealer who can swap/analyse parts to find the culprit
nothing else you can do..

X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64