Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA790X-UD3P Ram problem - wont boot

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA790X-UD3P Ram problem - wont boot
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 09:47:42 am »
Hi,

At this point it might be worth considering RMA'ing the mobo.

The fact that the 800 Mhz seems to work OK but that you can't get a stable boot with just the 1066 Mhz stick on-board (having tried all the slots) and having re-set BIOS to optimised defaults and also the fact that the 1066 Mhz memory is working OK in another RIG it could well mean there is a fault with the voltages passing through the board.

It's worth having it checked out rather than pulling your hair out in frustration.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 11:10:03 am »
Ive got the 800mhz stick working stable on low timings and slightly upped volts. and I took it round a friends house to test his memory, worked fine on 800mhz 4 x 1gb sticks geil dragon.

I tried to put them at 1066mhz but it crashed, however Ive since found out you cant run 4 sticks at 1066 its 1 dimm per channel, I that test was kinda flawed.

So.... If it works with my 800mhz, and works with 4 x 1gb sticks. I personally am looking at my corsair 1066 stick thinking thats the problem??

Maybe I should RMA that first?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 11:38:01 am »
Sorry, I should have picked this up. You are correct, and you are limited to 1 stick per channel as you mentioned. I didn't realise that this issue applied to the AM3 CPU's ( I thought it only applied to the AM2's) and should have checked further.

I take back what I said about RMA'ing the Mobo and if you can RMA the 1066 stick than go that route.

Apologies once again for my error. That will teach me to check out the manual and Gigabyte website more thoroughly! :-[
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.