Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte R9-290 died after 6 month

Gigabyte R9-290 died after 6 month
« on: August 16, 2015, 12:34:10 pm »
I've bought a R9 290 graphic card at the end of December. It's a very good and a high class graphic card, and it is very expensive. Sometimes i'm playing with single player games like Witcher 3 but my main activity is playing with World of Warcraft and Heartstone. WoW is a _10 year old_ game which is even playable on a low class computer. A few weeks before a strange problem began to happens. Sometimes WoW freezed and crash to desktop with WoW error 132. On weekdays i'm working from early morning till evening so i'm not using my computer the whole day, i'm not playing 10-12 hours without a break. When i sat in the evening and began to play i got this WoW error 2-3 times (i played 2 hours). And besides this  sometimes when i was watching Twitch Tv  it freezed too. I have a fresh Windows install i haven't got Malwares and viruses i'm checking them regularly. This problem has gotten worse, in the past 2-3 week after 20-30 min playing with WoW this problem begin to pop and it is happening in every 10 min. It is happening when i'm only farming at Tanaan jungle or doing some low lvl 5 man instance with my alt. Sometimes my screen went completely black and after a delay it went back and i got a message: AMD Catalyst Contol Center did not respond. But there is interesting news this week: Now i'm not just getting this WoW errors at every 10 min, my computer is shutting down with blues screen of death. The game is unplayable. I have the latest driver so im not using an outdated one.  From BSOD viewer i saw BSOD is caused by AMD ATI Radeon product. My biggest fear is that: I'wont able to validate my warranty. Few years ago same thing happened with me with an ATi Radeon 6870. I sent back and i always got back with the result it hasn't got any problem. In the end i forced to buy a new graphic card. If this happens with a low or middle class graphic card i won't be happy but this is a very expensive one. Sorry for this nerd-rage post i'm a faithful buyer of AMD products but now i'm very shocked and distressed because of this situtaion.