Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD7(Rev 1) Bios Issue - Bios won't let me make any changes!

Edropian

Hello everybody!

Let me jump straight to the meat and potatoes here because I am facing something I have never faced before and it seems there is nothing similar out there to get an answer on my issue.

I had no issues with my bios never before until I did install the Corsair H100i and created a Password before a trip of mine to secure my pc from unwanted access.

I am not sure if it is the password creation or the installation of the Corsair cooling kit because I did them simultaneously.

WHAT I FACE:

Before the changes mentioned above I had a manual set up on my bios and in general I had normal access in my bios and I was able to set up whatever I liked to do so.

After the changes I can access my bios but I have no option at all of making any kind of changes inside my bios anymore ... to the point I am not also able to load fail safe or load optimized defaults

(I know I can do that from the button behind the MoBo but my point is that I can no longer set up my bios!)

My bios set up remains on my latest set up before the password creation and the H100i installation but thats it I can no longer make any kind of changes inside my bios!

I am only able to navigate inside bios and see my set up but everything else is not accessible by me...!

Any ideas how to fix this and why this is happening in first place?

I want to thank you all in advance and seriously thank you if you have a solution to offer!

Have a nice day! 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:13:45 pm by Edropian »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: GA-X58A-UD7(Rev 1) Bios Issue - Bios won't let me make any changes!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:55:57 pm »
Adding a cpu cooler doesn't keep you from modifying BIOS settings. 

Did you forget the Admin password on the BIOS you set?
Perform a CLR_CMOS or try a battery pull.
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=1758

Windows or Linux
Disable the guest account
Set an account password

No PC access.

Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW