Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Z68-UD4 Boot Loop - Corrupt Bios?

Gigabyte Z68-UD4 Boot Loop - Corrupt Bios?
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:25:26 pm »
Over the past week I noticed that after I shutdown my computer one of the fans would come on soon after and spin at a low speed for a while. I wasn't bothered by it but I figured I'd reset the bios and see if that fixed it. When I tried to enter the bios settings it seemed to just freeze before showing any settings and I couldn't do anything. Every time I tried to enter the bios settings it would freeze up so I decided to take out the CMOS battery for a few minutes to reset the bios. After I put in the battery and booted it asked me if I wanted to load the optimized default settings (and reboot) so I selected that but the screen just went black and it didn't reboot. Now when I try to reboot it just starts up for a few seconds, shuts down, and then boots up again. It seems like if I keep letting it reboot it will show a blank Dualbios screen but it seems frozen and there's nothing on it and it reboots itself after a few seconds.

Things that I've tried that haven't worked:
*Unplugging the power and letting it sit for a while.
*Taking out the CMOS battery, waiting a few minutes and putting it back in.
*Removing all components other than one stick of RAM, the CPU, and fans.

Before I went into the bios today everything was working perfectly and it even booted fine after I took out the CMOS battery the first time (well, it didn't but that's just because the boot order was messed up and I had no way to access the bios settings) so I don't think it's the CPU or memory.
Since it tries to boot into Gigabyte's Dualbios I'm assuming it's (falsely?) detecting a problem with the bios and trying to overwrite it but it freezes.

A note: I have not messed with my hardware configuration for over a year so none of those should be physically damaged (the CPU doesn't have bent pins).

Do you guys have any advice on how I could fix this or does it sound like I'm going to need a new motherboard?

Thanks