Official GIGABYTE Forum

Q2532C Problem upgrading to windows 10

Q2532C Problem upgrading to windows 10
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:23:59 am »
I have attempted  to  upgrade  from windows 7  to  windows 10  on  three occasions.
On the  third attempt  all  looked   good.  I  upgraded  the   Video  driver using   driver  update  -
A  restart  was  also  requested  by  windows 10.
After  the  restart  :
Bios   screen   and   the  friendly   sound   indicating  windows is  logging  in.
Then  no  Screen....  the  Hard  disk   is  accessed  all  the  time   with  rest times  of a  few  seconds.
I managed  to  activate   Network  logging   in  when I  first accessed  Windows 10.  I  can  view  files   using  another  PC 

Any  thoughts.?
I noticed   the  Memory  is  using  2.7 out of  3.9   GB   and  I  am  looking  at   upgrading  to  at  least  6 GB  Memory

Re: Q2532C Problem upgrading to windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 08:40:33 am »
I have  read   the  Thread   
Format C:\Drive then reinstall.

The  Q2532   eventually  say   6 -24  hours  later  goes  to  sleep  .  Wake  it  up  and  log  in  all  is  oK  .
My  comment  is  this  reloading  from   recovery  partition   or  some  where  else.

My conclusion  in my  case  is  to  get a  new  Hard  drive  format   C:  &  D:  drive    and  load  windows  10.
Where  does  all  the   Fn   Key  info  come from?
SAY  WIFI  on  /OFF as  an  example.

Surely  there  are  others  out  there  that  have  upgraded  to  windows 10  .   
How  did  you  do it ?