Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58A UD3R shut down 'problem'

TiF

X58A UD3R shut down 'problem'
« on: March 30, 2010, 02:29:13 am »
Hi, every time when I shut down, the Windows XP or Windows 7 shut down properly but all the fans in my PC still remain ON for around 15-30secs.
Im not sure what causing this, and Im quite worry that this might harm components of my PC.
Maybe Im just paranoid, by my Asus P6T died after 2-3 weeks of using it, and this newly purchased X58A UD3R giving me this problem. It makes me suspect sth is not right but somehow the PC working 100% fine.

Is there anyone with the same problem? Or can anyone please shed some light? :'(

Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:57:04 am by TiF »

Re: X58A UD3R shut down 'problem'
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 04:36:43 am »
I have the same problem on my X58A-UD7, but only the fan on my power supply keeps spinning and then shuts off after 2 mins.  I have not found anything that will resolve it.  I do not believe it is a power supply problem, as I tested 2 others and they both did it. 

It would be great for an actual Gigabyte tech person to reply to this, as I sure would like to know what the hell the deal is with this issue.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:04 am »
same prob here with my X58A-UD3R, see my other post with various other probs as well. mine stays on after shut down for approx 2- 5 minutes

skiigor

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:40 am »
According to the topic on TweakTown - http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/x58a-ud3r-cold-boot-reboot-issues-eup-38964/

You should check the BIOS power management settings

Try to Disable - EuP Support

Try to play with different settings of AC Back Function

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:31:19 am by skiigor »

Sijmen

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:17 pm »
I have the same problem.  Currently using a RAID-1 configuration with the ICH10R controller.  In the BIOS Power Management Setup page, I already had the AC BACK function and EuP Support set to thier default values of Soft-Off and Disabled respectively.  Last week I was experimenting with drives in IDE mode and did not notice this problem then.  I will go back to IDE mode and test if the problem still occurs.

Sijmen

Sijmen

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »
Just tried shut-down again, this time in the middle of a RAID-1 replication process.  (Didn't want to wait the 4+ hours for it complete).  After initaiting the shut-down, the screen went off after a few seconds, but the machine stated on until I manually switched it off with the front power button 10 minutes later.

My case has removable drive caddies so that I can remove the drives when I go away on holidays or swap in different drives without needing to open the case.  (Drives caddies are cheap, but they include a fan which tends to be a little noisy).  The drive caddies also include a LED for HDD activity of the enclosed drive.  Whats interesting, is the while waiting the shut-down to complete, the case HDD activitity light flickers regularly, but the drive caddy lights don't.

twitch

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 02:49:07 pm »
Did you lot use the auto install off the drivers from the disk ?

As you will need to remove the driver for ICH10R and manualy install it.
And the Gigabyte one if installed.

I also removered the intell chipset one.

As this was happening to me.
Installed them one by one and problem solved.
You must remove the old drivers first and reinstall them, does not work by overwritting them,

Re download the drivers from gigabytes website

Hope that helps

:)
Antec 300, i7 920, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5, 6GB Corsair 1600, 256Gb C300 SSD, 2 x Samsung 500GB F3 in Raid 0,and a 1TB Samsung F1, 2 x 5850 in Xfire (Vantage), Antec H50

Sijmen

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:59:21 am »
Thanks twitch, problem solved.

I could not seem to uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers as you suggested.  So I reinstalled Win7 x64 with all the latest drivers (testing shutdown time after each driver).  The only thing I needed to use from the original Gigabyte motherbard dislk was the Intel RAID boot files.

Sijmen